Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, February 11, 2011

5 months

It's official, Lucas is 5 months old and is a very happy baby if I do say so myself :) He does not have a well baby check up this month so I can't fill you in on his current stats; however, I can tell you he has grown out of a lot of his 3-6 month clothes because he is sooooo long! My mom told me this is exactly how my sisters and I grew.

You might remember my debate about whether or not we should schedule Lucas's eating/sleeping...well he currently has a routine (a term the other mothers in my Mommy and Me Yoga class prefer - and so do I). I tracked his eating for a few weeks and then set a loose guideline for his feedings that would hopefully curtail the hungry fussy monster. And it worked. He eats 6 times a day at roughly the same time and he is generally less fussy. I also learned that having a routine is great for mommies too because I have a better handle on what he is trying to tell me when he cries. I can also go about my life a little more carefree :)

His social development is going great...he will look for his mommy or daddy if he hears us from across the room, he smiles in response to a smile, laughs in response to a laugh, laughs when he farts (oh boy), and will try to entice you to laugh or smile at/with him. He usually sizes up a stranger before giving them the smile that could melt their heart (and usually does). He even smiles at the dogs and laughs at books.

His physical development is also right on target...he can raise his chest up supported by his arms, reach for objects, grasp things, keep his head level with his body when pulled to sitting, bear weight on his legs, and sometimes he will roll over.

But the biggest news is....he has a tooth! I just can't believe it! As exciting as this is, whenever I tell people about it they always feel the need to make a comment like, "ouch! that's gotta hurt" or "I guess he is going to move to solid foods now!" or some other reference to my nipples. It's not entirely unlike the inappropriate tummy touching or weight comments from when I was pregnant. Hello! This is my body! Please don't reference my nips again, thank you!



2 comments:

  1. LOL, you said nips. That made me laugh pretty hard. No more toothless smiles :( I can't beleive he has a tooth already! Actually the smiles get better with teeth. Each stage is awesome, no time to mourn the past. Your routine will only get steadier from here. Isn't it great to be able to have times when you know you can do things. I always hated scheduling a doctor's appointment for newborns because I never knew where we'd be at that time on that day. Life is so much easier when you know what to expect when.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh he has a tooth! Wow! they really do grow up so fast huh:)

    ReplyDelete