Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

#13 Make and Drink a Pomegranate Martini

This was our first Valentines Day as parents, so, we decided not to battle the throngs of lovers at the restaurants and movies opting instead for a nice meal at home. I made twice baked potatoes and red velvet cake while Ross was at work...and pumped enough milk so that I could enjoy a drink or two ;-) Ross researched the ingredients for a pomegranate martini and made me my first cocktail for the evening. Then while he grilled up some steaks and asparagus, I completed #13 from my 30 before 30 list and made my second martini! I don't know why pomegranate flavoring has seemed to dominate the grocery the past few years. This proposed super food can be found flavoring yogurt, juice, and salad dressing to name a few places it has appeared. Whatever the reason, I LOVE it almost anywhere I find it! A pomegranate Martini is no exception - it provides just the right amount of tartness to offset the strong flavor of vodka. Here is the version we made - you can adjust the amounts to your liking (or your tolerance level). I think it is better when you add the Champagne after you shake it to retain the bubbly.
Pomegranate Martini
4 oz Pomegranate Juice
1 oz Vodka
1/2 oz Triple Sec
1/2 oz Champagne
Lemon juice and sugar garnish

My Valentines

No comments:

Post a Comment