Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 17, 2012

#26 - Join (or start) a mommy/child group


Some of you may remember that when I turned 28 I made this 30 before 30 list which comprised of some things I would like to do before I turn 30. Some of them were realistic (#13 - Make and drink a pomegranate martini - I mean, come on it was super easy and tasty) and others not so much (#1 - Run a 5K - not sure how I can manage that with my knees). I have been whittling away at these 30 tasks very S.L.O.W.L.Y. Now the big three-oh is looming a mere 8 months away and I have a whopping 22 more tasks to complete (I have not blogged about 2 of the completed tasks in case you are keeping track). That means I need to complete roughly 2.75 tasks per month. :) oh buddy!

This leads me to tell you about #26 - Join (or start) a mommy/child group. Shortly after we moved to Fairfield, I began my search to see if I could join an existing moms group or if I would have to create one. My sister-in-laws have both been active in various MOPS groups, I have sorority sisters who talk about watch mommy run groups, and Stroller Strides is big in the south but not so much here so I wasn't sure what I might find. When I started my search I stumbled upon something that has become near and very dear to my heart - the MOMS Club of Fairfield. I had never heard of MOMS, which is short for Moms Offering Moms Support, but I am so glad I have found them. They have playgroups, moms nights out, meetups at the park, a cooking club, a book club, and they are all close in proximity to me!! I was kind of nervous to go to the events at first because they all knew each other so well and I felt like the new kid on the block but now I fit right in and love meeting new members and hanging out with those who have been in the club for a long time. Another thing that is great about being in the group is Lucas having the opportunity to interact with other kids. He loves all the commotion and going new places. Those naps after a MOMS get together are made up of a deeper kind of sleep ;-)

The above picture is from our Christmas party and below are from when we went to Ross's office for Children's Dental Health Month. So awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment