Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 31, 2011

30 Before 30

My birthday was this weekend and it was super fun! We went out Saturday night to my favorite restaurant in town with friends (including my friend Maggie who has the same birthday - how cool is that?!?). Then on Sunday Ross, Lucas and I hung out around the house and had a nice relaxing day. Ross made me my favorite cake - Funfetti with Rainbow Chip icing (this is probably every American '80's baby's favorite). Ahhhh the yummy goodness of childhood in a box :)


The birthday girls
And now for my 30 before 30 list...I got this idea from some dear friends :) and would love to accomplish these things in the next 2 years!
  1. Run a 5K
  2. Make my own ravioli
  3. Have one of my dogs become a canine good citizen
  4. Learn to sew
  5. Plant a garden
  6. Make applesauce
  7. Join and be active in a Bible study
  8. Learn to play a lifelong instrument
  9. Take ballroom dance classes with Ross
  10. Write a children's book
  11. Bake a cookie cake
  12. Have a zoo membership (or aquarium)
  13. Make and drink a pomegranate martini
  14. Make another baby
  15. Visit Erin and Ryan in NY for a fun NY weekend
  16. Make Lucas a Christmas stocking
  17. Read a Shakespearean play I have not yet read
  18. Find something I love at a garage sale and buy it
  19. Have beautiful Christmas presents that match
  20. Dress up for Halloween
  21. Host a dinner party
  22. Plant bulb flowers
  23. Volunteer somewhere
  24. Learn all the words to Amazing Grace by heart
  25. Go to a concert of a band or singer I really like
  26. Join (or start) a mommy/child group
  27. Take a cooking class
  28. Go to a play or musical
  29. Join a book club that is successful
  30. Become good at crocheting washcloths

3 comments:

  1. Um...taking on a bit much aren't we? Are you sure this isn't a bucket list? My suggestion is to do #14 last because once you are pregnant and running after a toddler it's pretty hard to muster any energy to do anything else. Or when you have two, all those things you put off doing becuase the first one took up a lot of time become unattainable until all kids go to college. (sorry, Mother of two negativity creeping in...)

    ...Or you can make ravioli and bake a cookie cake for your Halloween dinner party with a bulb flower center piece from your planted garden in the pot you bought at a yard sale, dressed up like Juliet, read Taming of the Shrew to your Romeo, and sing Amazing grace before you eat. That knocks 9 off in one day.

    Good luck. I can help with # 4 & 6 (my Grandmother makes a killer applesauce...yum!). My suggestion though...don't let any of that take the time from enjoying Luke. Because you don't get that time with the second this is your time to enjoy having a baby without the hassle of other obligations. Don't ever feel bad about getting nothing done or not having a life goal. Just enjoy each moment. I think technology is wonderful but it seems to drive society to be a bit fast paced and make us all feel like we need to do a lot and be important. A Mother is important, very important and that's plenty.

    ...of course this is coming from someone who is just excited she made it through the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I can help with #10, #18, and #25. NKOTBSB here we come:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes...I am depending on family and friends to help me accomplish some of these things. It may seem like a lot but it will hopefully help me with other things that are important to me: quality time is my primary love language and it will help me fulfill my need to socialize, I really enjoy learning so it will keep the wheels in my mind turning, and I want to be more crafty. It will also help me make Christmas and Birthday gift lists! I might not accomplish everything - but I am ok with that :)

    ReplyDelete