Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Lucas Turns One!

Lucas has turned the big ONE! yay! I am sitting here with a loss for words because in some ways I still cannot believe I am a mom, let alone a mom of a toddler. Lucas has brought so many blessings to my life and I am just thankful for such a precious child.

Lucas had a great first birthday party where he was surrounded by family and friends who love him to pieces. I tried to time the party just after lunch when he is usually the most awake and active for the day and I am so glad he got a good nap in before the guests began arriving. He completely skipped his second nap because he did not want to miss anything (sounds a little like me...). I didn't take many pictures so here are a few from the party!


With the beautiful Natalie - I just love his fire engine shirt I ordered from Etsy... it had his name and a #1 on it

Checking out Cameron - Lucas is the first baby in our group of friends and most of our family with kids live far away (we typically only get to see them for holidays and big get-togethers and I have yet to establish us in play groups here in Ohio) so, other little ones are a novelty for him. Little does he know that this is his betrothed :)

Check out the spoils! He is such a lucky little guy!

Eating a big lunch of beans and fruit - I tried to have things I knew he would love to eat because the distractions would be hard to overcome!

Meeting his great-granny for the first time


Of course turning one is not all fun and games. Lucas had to go the Doctor to make sure he is doing ok and to get some vaccines. I am always nervous about what the doctor is going to say about his weight and this is his first well-baby appointment in Ohio so we had to cover his entire health history (which continues to make me tear up; man, I am such a weany). Other than a little eczema on his feet the Doctor said he was doing great (pending his next appointment at Childrens).

Here are his stats:

Weight - 19 lb. 12 oz.

Length - 30 in.

Head - 18.25 in.


Physical Development: Lucas can... cruise, wave, clap his hands, pick up tiny objects, stand alone momentarily, "play ball", put things inside other things and then take them back out

Social and Emotional Development: Lucas will... smile and squeal with delight when he sees someone he knows, carefully study new people and then usually smile at them, play independently, play with grownups (child led and adult led), notice other little ones (he actually carefully reached out and held Finn's hand at the party), hug, and kiss

Cognitive Development: Lucas is... always trying to figure out how things work by manipulating toys, putting things inside others and taking them out again, talking in his own little jibberish language to himself and others, responds to "no" and other conversations

Speech: Lucas says... Mom, Dad, Hi, Yes and is working on doggie




No comments:

Post a Comment