Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, September 24, 2010

The hardest week of my life...

Well...I am going to be honest. This has been the hardest week of my life. All of the other tough transitions in my life - moving during childhood, going to college, surviving college finals, moving away from family and friends, grad school - do not hold a candle to the events of the last week. BUT...I have survived with the encouraging words and help from family and friends...and of course, Luke is still perfect :-)


Ross went back to work on Monday which was about the time I came down with a sinus infection. This infection has been traveling around and lasts about 4-5 days and can be managed with Mucinex and antihistamines (which you have to be careful about taking when nursing because it can affect your milk supply). Luke also started having some symptoms and lost his appetite - which is every new mom's nightmare. By the time Ross came home from work that night, I also had mastitis. It was like, "ok, I guess we are going to get it all out of the way at once". On Tuesday the OB confirmed mastitis and started me on antibiotics, the pediatrician weighed Luke before and after a feeding and calmed my mind about his growth, and Kippy flew in to help us out (ok - mainly to help me out). What a time this week has been. Thank you so much to Maggie and Meg for keeping us fed and my sister-in-laws and Jone for all the advice and encouragement about breastfeeding. The whole family is feeling better and I am becoming optimistic about the success of breastfeeding at this point.

BTW - Pam Anderson has nothing on me :)


This is the face Luke makes after he yawns

First bath

The classic sleeping pose

His cheeks are getting chubby!

2 comments:

  1. awww Jamie i sooo know exactly how you feel-- but i think this hit me week 2 or 3... sleep depraived, breastfeeding issues...BUT it willall get better and stick with breastfeeding- its so hard at first but after a few weeks you'll be a PRO and now i just can't imagine when he's done!! haha AND if you ever wantto talk or have questions (it sounds like you have a lot of support) but still call- my #'s the same and i'd love to talk! i know how it is! i wouldn't survived without my friend michele who's baby is 6 weeks older than Noah- i called her crying so many times! haha BUT keep your chin up- it gets better AND i cna't even tell you how much your love will grow--
    he's precious! i'm so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the most wonderful thing about kids, it's the worst of times but the best of times. You have the highest of highest to look forward to with Luke. You won't be able to imagine life can get any better and all the struggles will dissolve away like sugar in a glass of delicious koolaid.

    I'm glad to hear things are getting better. It is so tough but wait until the first time you are nursing Luke and you both are staring into each other's eyes and he stops eating just to smile at you, it'll be so worth it. And it is so depressing when it's time to stop nursing. However long you make it you will be so sad when it's all over.

    ReplyDelete