Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, October 21, 2011

Emotional Development


Lucas has started to show a range of emotions... some of them more uplifting than others ;) My favorite is when he snuggles up to someone/something and loves them or when he gets so excited he laughs uncontrollably. My least favorite is a tie between when he throws himself on the ground kicking and screaming and when he pinches or hits me because he isn't getting his way.

I am pretty sure Lucas might be a little early in this area of development. According to most emotional development models he should start doing this between 18 months and 2 years (and he is 13 months). Maybe it is because I am highly empathetic and he has picked up on this? Whatever the reason, I can't help but feel like a broken record sometimes. "Lucas, no, don't do that because it is dangerous", "Ouch Lucas, don't hurt Mommy", "Lucas we don't flip over on the changing table", "No Lucas do not climb out of your high chair because you could fall"."No", "No", "No".

I can't help but wonder...Does this make me a bad mom?

No comments:

Post a Comment