Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Myrtle Beach

Well, somehow my family is terrible at taking pictures when we are together so I do not have any to share...but I had a great time visiting with them when they were vacationing in Myrtle Beach last week. Ross and I drove down for the day on Sunday and the girls hung out at the pool while the guys went golfing. And I was not the only pregnant lady at the pool...I had three friends but I had the best bathing suit. And Keisuke made the most amazing teriyaki chicken and broccoli for dinner. Seriously, if we all knew how to make broccoli like this - everyone would be much healthier and asking for their little trees. My mom was able to come to our house for a quick visit at the beginning of the week and we went shopping for my hospital bag goodies (robe, nursing tops, nursing bras, ice cream - oh wait, I already ate that). And finally the family wrapped up the week at our house :) Too much fun!

I was so happy Leanna was able to come on vacation and she brought her friend Allie, who was hilarious. Leanna actually got to help me out a little with my schoolwork while she was here...it was hard not laughing during our mock "counseling sessions". She played the part of a troubled teenager who recently started dating a boy and now doesn't participate in Key club or band and her grades are dropping....and I was the school counselor, of course. The best part of this whole thing was when my mom burst into the room and said "I'm taking orders for bagel bakery, what do you want? Oh no! Don't transcribe this into your paper!" Sometimes I wonder what it is going to be like when I counsel a child who actually is having a legitimate issue - not just pretending. I guess time will tell! Probably less giggling when I ask, "how does that make you feel?"

I have learned that my body is not so happy about walking out in the heat and humidity anymore because my ankles swelled and turned a lovely shade of black, blue, and purple. Must love being in the final stretch of pregnancy during the hottest time of the year...in the south. Woohoo!

On a side note...we have finally zeroed in on both our girl and boy names and now I wish we were having one of each so we could secure both of them ;) Sorry...not sharing until baby Gille arrives! I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment