Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Bump!

35 weeks!
Well, the time is beginning to wind down and I am excited that we will get to meet our little bundle of joy soon :) The baby seems to be extremely active and sometimes it feels like his or her feet are stuck above or below my ribcage! It's really exciting to have so much movement going on because Ross can see (from across the room) and feel much easier now. We just laugh! Other than beingtired I am feeling pretty good...Although, if I walk for any amount of time outside I end up with elephant feet for a few days. But it goes away or I fall asleep and forget about it. One of the presents I got at the shower was a recipe book for making your own baby food...so naturally I am interested to hear what everyone thinks bout making baby food! There seem to be conflicting ideas about the nutrition, value, and tastyness of either store-bought or homemade. Some arguments say that storebought is best because they are fortified with extra vitamins and are a huge convenience while others arguethat homemade is more tasty, cost effective, and nutritionally sound (meaning there are no fillers). What have you tried? Or what do you think about this?


On a complete sidenote - I have decided I need to start being more crafty. I was extremely crafty in high school and at some point during college I lost my desire to craft. I miss it. So, I have spent a few years trying to decide what craft I want to commit to. In my opinion, this is no light matter. There are so many fun options and I would likely want to do them all...unfortunately each craft comes with a price tag and it is hard to make the plunge when I am not sure if I am even going to like it or be any good at it. But you should see some of the amazing stuff my crafty/artsy friends and family make! I have two beautiful necklaces and mobile for the baby room from my friend Tricia, I get the most adorable cards from my sister-in-law Taryn, A baby quilt from Nicole and Heather, An OSU wreath from Natalie, the most delicious home-made jelly from Erin and Ryan...the list goes on and on!
As you can see above, I have decided to try out crochet and made a lovely winter hat during the month of August (hehe). Archie is such a great model...I tried to model this but the circles under my eyes do not look good in a close-up pic. So...stay tuned for more fun crochet projects!

5 comments:

  1. Yay Jamie! You look so good...love the bump pic! Glad to hear that you're feeling good for the most part :) And don't worry, soon little baby Gille will "drop" and you'll be able to breathe easier without a pair of feet up under your ribs! We are going to try the homemade baby food thing out once they get to that stage but I think we'll still keep some store bought food on hand for convenience sake when we're on the road or out and about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in the same boat as Christy, I made my own food for Gretchen but still kept some store bought on hand for convenience. I would make a large batch of fruits or veggies and freeze it in ice cube trays for quick dethaw for dinners. It's actually fun to make your own because you aren't confined to what is available in the store. Gretchen got to eat things like avacado and cantalope and also anything I cooked for dinner when she was ready. Also, beware, you may not drop, some women don't. I never dropped with Gretchen or Wesley...of course they were so huge I guess they didn't have room to drop. haha! And they both packed powerful punches all the way until the end... Enjoy your peace and quiet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am making Noah's food too!! i've read a ton of research supporting both methods, like you, but one that stuck and persuaded me was that store bought food has perservatives to last on the shelf for 2 years!!! WHHATTT i deff don't want that for Noah ( at least all the time) so i bought the beaba babycook on ebay for like $100 and a ton of different storage containers on amazon to try them all to see which i liked best and i think so far i like the ones i got from babies r us ( i think its like their generic brand) they have attached lids and you can freeze up to 3 months ( some say 2 months) so i'm freezing a ton and then when we're on the run we can grab one and let it dethaw in the container and its still "to go" yay! i'm nto sure how much time i'll have with grad school and full time work and teaching, BUT i'm gonna give it my best :) hehe so feel free to ask more questions later :) and did you decide on teh gdiapers?
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Archie looks hillarious in the hat:) I think the hat will fit baby Gille perfect someday. Good work on being more crafty. You are a very creative person so I am glad you found an outlet for it!

    I cannot give baby food advice myself but I have some friends that make their own and they swear by it. It probably depends on how much work it is and how often you can get good fresh produce, etc.

    We can't wait for Baby Gille to arrive soon! YAY.

    ReplyDelete