Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, April 12, 2010

Weekend Getaway!



We decided to get away for the last weekend of my spring break to Charleston, SC. It was absolutely beautiful there because all of the flowers were in full bloom...and there are a LOT of flowers in Charleston! This city is one of the oldest and largest harbor cities in the US providing a lot of architechture and gardens to admire. We were able to take a historical carriage tour, visit the Exchange (where the Constitution was ratified by SC), and also spent an afternoon at Magnolia Plantation (which was apparently advertised in the early days as a must see stop in America, up there with Niagra Falls and the Grand Canyon).
While we had a great time in the holy city, I couldn't help but feel bad that I was not able to be out walking all day. My lower back was not happy with all the walking I wanted to do, so, we had to head back to the hotel a little earlier than we would have otherwise. I don't think Ross minded though because he was able to catch the Master's and Red's games on the TV while I napped/relaxed. And thankfully I did not over-walk myself to the point of cankles! Let's hope this happens later in pregnancy if it is going to be an issue.
Now we are back to the daily grind and I am back in school! This quarter I am taking Child and Adolescent Counseling and Developmental pupil services. Should be interesting and busy!



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! I loved visiting Phil when he was stationed in Charleston. The Notebook movie had just come out around that time, so I insisted we visit Boone Hall Plantation which was the parents house in the movie. Also, King Street was used for a couple scenes...before and after the movie and when she's trying on her wedding dress. Anyway, glad you had a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGOSH i wish i would've know you were here...we live in charleston now :( booo that would've been awesome to see you guys!!! AND Dear John was also filmed here last year :) yay for Charleston and weekend getaways-- hope you're feeling great!!
    ashley

    ReplyDelete